PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:22 pm  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

I wouldn't be so sure?
Shoeverine
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:18 am  Reply with quote
Okay, I'LL move the thread.

My first theory about the death of that character that we're not naming right now:

Hiro just pretended to stab him, froze time, planted fake blood on his victim, and told him to go along with it. But then again, I suppose Daphne the speedster would have seen him do it, and Knox would have felt his fear. So... nevermind.
Silly Lily
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:03 am  Reply with quote
Saucy Seattle Sweetheart
Saucy Seattle Sweetheart

well you've convinced me.
AlbinoDog
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:14 am  Reply with quote
Fungus
Fungus

Shoeverine wrote:
My first theory about the death of that character that we're not naming right now:

Hiro just pretended to stab him, froze time, planted fake blood on his victim, and told him to go along with it. But then again, I suppose Daphne the speedster would have seen him do it, and Knox would have felt his fear. So... nevermind.

Ha, seems you gave the writers a little too much credit with the "why would it not work" part.

podbaydoor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:54 am  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

Posting here just to say: the Heroes writers are some of the laziest writers ever. A Coen Brothers film would be hard-pressed to have more characters who are complete dumbasses, only the Heroes writers like to pretend they aren't dumbasses.

Not to say that the characters are inherently dumb. Just that the writers give them godawful lines and stories. Is there no one on the writing staff capable of exercising logic and coming up with ways to make this series better at the whole suspension of goddamn belief thing? Every time I watch an episode, my roommate and I pick everything apart within five minutes. It's just that things keep happening that shouldn't, or at least they wouldn't if the writers even gave a shit about thinking things through.

Shoeverine
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:04 pm  Reply with quote

AlbinoDog wrote:
Shoeverine wrote:

Ha, seems you gave the writers a little too much credit with the "why would it not work" part.

I know. Kind of sad.
Stefan
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:56 pm  Reply with quote
Deh Funkmeister Himself
Deh Funkmeister Himself

Does anyone remember that Irish chick from last season that Peter fell in love with? What the hell happened to her? She and Peter went to the future and like five minutes in she gets dragged away by guys in hazmat suits then never appears again, and Peter just seems to have forgotten all about it!

And what happened Elle? She just kinda disappeared as well.

I forget what happened to that Monica chick, and I wish they'd just kill Tracy - she's annoying.

That's what has been bugging me lately. Otherwise pretty good.

Spoiler:
Also I agree with what PBD said...I think the writers are beginning to pull stuff out their ass. They bring back Adam just to have him killed an episode later? Why not just keep him in the coffin?

Shoeverine
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:44 pm  Reply with quote

Stefan wrote:
Does anyone remember that Irish chick from last season that Peter fell in love with? What the hell happened to her? She and Peter went to the future and like five minutes in she gets dragged away by guys in hazmat suits then never appears again, and Peter just seems to have forgotten all about it!

Spoiler:
Also I agree with what PBD said...I think the writers are beginning to pull stuff out their ass. They bring back Adam just to have him killed an episode later? Why not just keep him in the coffin?

Yeah, the Irish girl disappeared into the mist of a future that never came to be. Peter appears too busy to care. Perhaps her plot line was a casualty of the writers strike.

Though, regarding the Adam thing, I didn't mind that. Arthur Petrelli needed his healing/immortality power so it was logical that they would dig him up for that brief appearance.
Stefan
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:20 pm  Reply with quote
Deh Funkmeister Himself
Deh Funkmeister Himself

AH! of course, I hadn't even thought of that. Okay, that makes me happier.

podbaydoor
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 pm  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

I figured out what Claire's secondary power is. It's her aura of stupidity. Effects include causing her to somehow believe that her untrained, naive 17-year-old self could go rushing off to fight adult criminals who, unlike her, also have powers with offensive capabilities. Another primary characteristic of the aura of stupidity is that it envelopes anyone who is within twenty feet of Claire. This explains the tremendously moronic decisions all the supposedly mature, intelligent adults have made around Claire.

This also explains why at the end of the episode, everyone crowds around her and congratulates her for her stupidity. It was the aura again. I'm sure once everyone stepped away they thought to themselves, "Wait a minute. She's actually an enormous liability. She doesn't have a fucking clue how to handle herself, and yet she keeps insisting on endangering herself and more importantly, people who are somewhat less useless than she is. She should actually be confined to house arrest for the next thirteen years and forced to take martial arts and espionage lessons until she's less of a complete and utter tyro. Yes, that is what we should do."

flimsyexcuse
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:38 pm  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

podbaydoor wrote:
"Yes, that is what we should do."

That was like +5 right there.
AlbinoDog
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:12 am  Reply with quote
Fungus
Fungus

I am glad to see someone else detests Claire's character too, even if it is a vague feeling of disliking compared to how much I am annoyed by her.

Anyways I have to agree with whoever said the writers of this show have gotten lazy. Then again, they do not have to work that hard since most(almost all?) of the viewers, including me, will watch the show despite its ever-increasing tendency towards being borderline retarded or completely inane.

I am pretty sure that the writers of Heroes saw "Writers of Lost" and figured it was an educational video about building up a brilliant writing process towards an ingenious TV show. No seriously, I can imagine them sitting around that table just like OE in that sketch, only difference being that all of them have that awkward grin on their face that Caleb does when he's playing silly or downright stupid characters.(That generally appears on people that have had one or ten beers to many and as a result they've just pissed in someones drink and have that "I just did something retarded [at their current state, hilarious] and I'm proud of it" smile).

Yeah, well all that doesn't matter though, since I'm sure as hell I won't stop watching the show.

Shoeverine
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm  Reply with quote

Somebody in the writing department is clearly slacking off at that show, but I'm likewise too engrossed to be able to detach myself.

Milo should go easy on the exaggerated grimaces and "Dark Knight" yell-whispers. He's becoming quite painful to watch. And the dialogue in this past episode was probably the cheesiest it's ever been. "You're grounded."? Seriously? You could practically hear Robert Forster grinding his teeth and folding and unfolding his paycheck in his pocket.
the scientist
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:55 pm  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

Shoeverine wrote:
Somebody in the writing department is clearly slacking off at that show, but I'm likewise too engrossed to be able to detach myself.

Milo should go easy on the exaggerated grimaces and "Dark Knight" yell-whispers. He's becoming quite painful to watch. And the dialogue in this past episode was probably the cheesiest it's ever been. "You're grounded."? Seriously? You could practically hear Robert Forster grinding his teeth and folding and unfolding his paycheck in his pocket.

I feel the EXACT same way. It kind of really sucks now. but I just cant stop.
and yeah, I agree with the Dark Knight voice! When he was talking I was just like
"why do you want to kill me"

Tuesday
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:25 pm  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

i got in a huge discussion about the whole hiro pretending to kill ando thing tonight! i brought up dave's point about daphne being able to see it, and he was all "but maybe since he didn't stop time and just left and came back, and she wasn't in superfast mode, she didn't see it?" which still seems like a super flimsy excuse (yay iain), but.. ahh. too addicted.

also, a friend brought up an interesting point.. didn't any of these people grow up watching X-men? why are they all so confused?

Shoeverine
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:02 am  Reply with quote

Right, but he did time travel to go back and give the stuff to Ando. There must have been a little moment when Daphne could have perceived the difference. But it's true, it's not clear whether or not Daphne's consciousness is always in superspeed or if it's something she can turn on and off.

I actually think it's more suspicious that Knox didn't notice. If he can tell when people are lying, he must be able to tell the difference between someone who knows they're dying and someone who knows they're not. Or for that matter, wouldn't he feel Ando's fear recede as he dies?
AlbinoDog
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:53 am  Reply with quote
Fungus
Fungus

Someone actually died last episode! Ha! And I'm pretty sure they're not bringing him back.

What annoys me most about this show currently is that the lack of a badass hero/antihero/villain.

I'm sick of Peter's.. well I don't know the English for for that and the dictionaries are no help either. Sort of a mix of stupidity and being incapable of achieving or doing anything properly. Inaptitude might be the word I'm thinking. "Uselessness" might work too. All we have is Syler who has no visually awesome abilities. The coolest killer around is Hiro and his skills are kinda useless against the new supervillain given that he took everything from his son.

They should steal a badass character from somewhere if they can't make up one. Gambit, for example, they should steal Gambit to deliver some serious asskicking in this show. Make him a rogue bounty hunter with a tough exterior and a good heart or something. Genius factory at work.

podbaydoor
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:33 am  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

Tuesday wrote:
also, a friend brought up an interesting point.. didn't any of these people grow up watching X-men? why are they all so confused?

You'd think that Hiro, of all people, would be at least peripherally aware of the superhero comics industry. It would have made for some funny meta-geek moments.

But that's mostly how superhero and robot dystopia stories work - they assume that no one in the universe has read a cautionary superhero or robot dystopia tale, ever. (I was watching the Animatrix the other day and it occurred to me that the Second Renaissance would never have occurred if someone had ever watched "The Matrix" at some point.)

It is frustrating because people keep getting into situations they wouldn't get into if only they'd read about their favorite mutant getting into the exact same situation when they were 9 years old and hiding comic books from their mothers.

Shoeverine
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:53 pm  Reply with quote

AlbinoDog wrote:
Someone actually died last episode! Ha! And I'm pretty sure they're not bringing him back.

You mean Maury? Sure they are. He creates illusions with his mind. That's the easiest way to fake a death! Afterall, based on what Mr Petrelli said to Daphne on the phone, he never intended to kill Matt (which is what Maury objected to in the first place), he's using him for something else. He just wanted Daphne to see Maury killed so that Matt could see that realistic image in her mind.
AlbinoDog
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:18 am  Reply with quote
Fungus
Fungus

Oh for fucks sake :\

TheWolf
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:15 am  Reply with quote
Invertebrate
Invertebrate

[quote="Shoeverine"]
AlbinoDog wrote:

You mean Maury? quote]

I think he is dead and gone, just because the person he would have tried to use his powers on can defend against them. The others in the room, no problem, but the one... no... No, I think he may have tried, but would have failed.

Shoeverine
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:29 pm  Reply with quote

Actually, I'm suggesting that Arthur was in on it, assuming that's who you mean by "the one." It was all staged so Daphne could see it happen so that she could authentically relate it mentally to Matt. This is admittedly a weird strategy.
flimsyexcuse
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:07 pm  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

What I don't understand is that if she's partly in on it, how are they expecting him not to read her mind and find out?
Silly Lily
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:51 pm  Reply with quote
Saucy Seattle Sweetheart
Saucy Seattle Sweetheart

basically there will always be a flaw to every plan. i'm not thrilled about this.
the scientist
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:31 pm  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

ugh this sucks now.

podbaydoor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:21 pm  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

Good news, everyone! They fired the two senior executive producers responsible for all the crap! Whoohoo!

Tuesday
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:08 pm  Reply with quote
Levitating Brain
Levitating Brain

does that mean it's going to get better?